Washington -- The year 2012 is about to expire. It was a blank in my judgment -- poof and it is gone. We have the same sorry vacuity in the White House, bereft of knowing how to run the government. Just now he is off to Hawaii to loll in the sun, having left behind questions as to how to avoid our "fiscal cliff." Yes, he wants to raise taxes on the top two percent, but how do we reduce the deficit and finish off the tax bill? He has headed for the beach -- and practically no one remarks on...
Hope someone reads this. " At the Tehran conference he insisted on keeping Churchill out of private conferences with Stalin for no apparent reason. " FDR expected that he would 'charm' Stalin with his persona....which, of course, did NOT happen. This resulted in SERIOUS errors of concessions and diplomacy...which endure to some extent today. Churchill would NEVER have attempted that tactic, but would have stood his ground, knowing what a murderous tyrant Stalin was. I would think that that is part of FDR's error in expecting that his 'charm' would prove enough. It did not.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago