Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
We should ask...where does money come from? AND...what IS money...actually? Answer to the second question is this: MONEY is a measure of the value of WORK. Prior to 'money' existing, one can a imagine that people bartered for their needs . I will trade you so many sheep for so many mud bricks...or some such. In this example we must understand that EACH individual in the exchange will have SOME idea of the LABOR involved for them to own that particular commodity. The EXCHANGE becomes a reality when both parties feel they are getting a fair value. 'Money' came into existence as a durable expression of 'value'. It's easier to exchange 'money' than to hold on to your goat cheese for months waiting for your need to be met.
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago