Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
We should ask...where does money come from? AND...what IS money...actually? Answer to the second question is this: MONEY is a measure of the value of WORK. Prior to 'money' existing, one can a imagine that people bartered for their needs . I will trade you so many sheep for so many mud bricks...or some such. In this example we must understand that EACH individual in the exchange will have SOME idea of the LABOR involved for them to own that particular commodity. The EXCHANGE becomes a reality when both parties feel they are getting a fair value. 'Money' came into existence as a durable expression of 'value'. It's easier to exchange 'money' than to hold on to your goat cheese for months waiting for your need to be met.
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 56 mins ago
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago