Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
We should ask...where does money come from? AND...what IS money...actually? Answer to the second question is this: MONEY is a measure of the value of WORK. Prior to 'money' existing, one can a imagine that people bartered for their needs . I will trade you so many sheep for so many mud bricks...or some such. In this example we must understand that EACH individual in the exchange will have SOME idea of the LABOR involved for them to own that particular commodity. The EXCHANGE becomes a reality when both parties feel they are getting a fair value. 'Money' came into existence as a durable expression of 'value'. It's easier to exchange 'money' than to hold on to your goat cheese for months waiting for your need to be met.
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago