After riots swept parts of the United Kingdom last year, I wrote about the moral argument for gun ownership. Simply stated, it is wrong to disarm law-abiding people, particularly when there is a risk of societal breakdown.
The same argument is equally applicable in the areas ravaged by the recent storm to hit the northeastern United States. As you can see from this report in the New York Post, the government is failing in its responsibility to provide law and order.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 6 hours ago