Why do you claim it is a religious issue? Can you provide scientific evidence that the "bundle of cells" is not human and will never become human? Can you provide evidence that sometimes it will become a puppy or a race car? I can provide scientific evidence that this bundle of cells is a human being at an early stage of development. As soon as sperm and egg combine, all the pieces are in place for a unique human individual. Nothing needs to be added or taken away- all it needs is 9 months in a protected environment to grow some more cells, at which time it can get a Social Security number. Its tricky moral ground to state that humans in an early state of development are the chattel property of the mother. cont.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago