The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Speaking of establishment gopers; GOP Steering Committee Shuffles Conservatives Speaker John A. Boehner initiated today a small purge of rebellious Republicans — mostly conservatives — from prominent committees; it’s the latest instance of the Ohio Republican’s clamping down on his fractious conference. The decisions were made by the GOP Steering Committee at a Monday meeting, which reviewed a spreadsheet listing each GOP lawmaker and how often he or she had voted with leadership, three sources said.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 4 hours ago