The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Speaking of establishment gopers; GOP Steering Committee Shuffles Conservatives Speaker John A. Boehner initiated today a small purge of rebellious Republicans — mostly conservatives — from prominent committees; it’s the latest instance of the Ohio Republican’s clamping down on his fractious conference. The decisions were made by the GOP Steering Committee at a Monday meeting, which reviewed a spreadsheet listing each GOP lawmaker and how often he or she had voted with leadership, three sources said.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago