I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
The fact that Mitt Romney and John McCain were the last two republican nominee's shows just how much the republican party loves big gubmint. Who is it you would hold up as someone who represents you rmccarthy?
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago