The Department of Homeland Security has released their 2011 "Analysts Desktop Binder," detailing how the department has been monitoring activity on the internet and social networks. The binder includes an extensive list of key words and search terms carefully watched by analysts in multiple agencies including the Directorate for National Protection and Programs, Directorate for Science and Technology, Office of Health Affairs, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and others. Many monitored search terms are basic and used on a regular basis by every day American citizens and journalists. DHS is capable of identifying...
In response to:
Guilt by association, it's the new American way.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago