The Department of Homeland Security has released their 2011 "Analysts Desktop Binder," detailing how the department has been monitoring activity on the internet and social networks. The binder includes an extensive list of key words and search terms carefully watched by analysts in multiple agencies including the Directorate for National Protection and Programs, Directorate for Science and Technology, Office of Health Affairs, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and others. Many monitored search terms are basic and used on a regular basis by every day American citizens and journalists. DHS is capable of identifying...
In response to:
Guilt by association, it's the new American way.
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 3 hours ago