The Department of Homeland Security has released their 2011 "Analysts Desktop Binder," detailing how the department has been monitoring activity on the internet and social networks. The binder includes an extensive list of key words and search terms carefully watched by analysts in multiple agencies including the Directorate for National Protection and Programs, Directorate for Science and Technology, Office of Health Affairs, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and others. Many monitored search terms are basic and used on a regular basis by every day American citizens and journalists. DHS is capable of identifying...
In response to:
Guilt by association, it's the new American way.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 9 hours ago