The Department of Homeland Security has released their 2011 "Analysts Desktop Binder," detailing how the department has been monitoring activity on the internet and social networks. The binder includes an extensive list of key words and search terms carefully watched by analysts in multiple agencies including the Directorate for National Protection and Programs, Directorate for Science and Technology, Office of Health Affairs, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and others. Many monitored search terms are basic and used on a regular basis by every day American citizens and journalists. DHS is capable of identifying...
In response to:
Guilt by association, it's the new American way.
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 47 mins ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 4 hours ago