Two groups are elated over the sudden and dramatic demise of John Boehner's "Plan B" in the House of Representatives last night: Liberals -- who are thrilled to see their opponents in utter shambles -- and hardline conservatives, who view the development as a principled victory and a much-needed rebuke of the GOP's weak-kneed leadership. National Review Washington Editor Robert Costa was on the Hill during the collapse, and filed a must-read story about how it all went down. In short, a demoralized Boehner stunned the caucus with a brusque announcement that he was pulling the bill. The...
Last night, around 8:00 p.m., House Speaker John Boehner announced he would pull his “Plan B” compromise with President Obama because he didn’t have the votes. Why? “Plan B was a turd sandwich ... without bread,” as Congressman Thomas Massie (R-KY) put it. --------------------- Will eating turd sandwiches turn your skin orange? That would explain Boehners complexion....
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 22 mins ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 3 hours ago