Michelle Obama is speaking out about the toll that gun violence is taking on young people, in a shift that shows the first lady’s willingness to tackle new and polarizing issues...
In response to:
All the talk about "gun control" and the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth over black teens killing other black teens is nothing more than fodder for the masses. It is again a "crisis that shouldn't go to waste". All of this has only one purpose. “To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
First, I'd like to give the First Lady some credit. The good news is, she's reaching out to young people from Chicago and telling them that violence is unacceptable and no way to live their lives. The harsh reality is, the majority of people killed in Chicago are teenagers. The bad news is, she's not only discussing violence with teens, she's also pushing for more gun control.
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 8 minutes ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago