cliff151 Wrote: My home town, Maywood CA no longer exists. Nor does Bell, where I went to High School. The last time I was in Maywood was in '93 when I was getting my Mother the hell out. My Father-in-law and I took a break from loading the truck and went to get a burger. The counter person had to go in the back to find someone who spoke English! The former Maywood and Bell are two prime examples of what's in store for the rest of the country if we don't take it back. **************** cliff151 Wrote: Maywood was the best little small town near a big city in the 60's and 70's. I knew most of the police, the city council, etc. You could walk the streets at night, play outside during the summer until well after dark, all of the stuff you could do in small-town Kansas. Then while the rest of the country was ignoring it, So. Cal. proceeded to slide downhill during the 80's. Those of us living in the area at the time were really PO'ed at the first amnesty. Pres. Reagan got hoodwinked on that one, and the aforementioned cities are the result.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago