Actually Alex they were running out of steam 10 years before Reagan came along. They would have collapsed a lot sooner hadn't it been for their shear brutality. They were spending more than 30% of their GDP on weapons and military buildup while the population was starving trying to keep up with the US.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Two NYPD cops executed in Brooklyn, suspect suicides Officers and killer identified Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Movie Review: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Christie may come out on the losing end of the donor fight with Jeb Bush Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: Mike Kelly has a lump of coal for Barack Obama’s stocking Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- McConnell: I’m on Team Rubio in regard to Cuba Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago