Actually Alex they were running out of steam 10 years before Reagan came along. They would have collapsed a lot sooner hadn't it been for their shear brutality. They were spending more than 30% of their GDP on weapons and military buildup while the population was starving trying to keep up with the US.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Don’t panic, but there are now robot vampire bats Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- 2015 Pro Bowl open thread Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Trove of Hillary Clinton’s “policy work as first lady” papers set for release Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Troll fest: Obama administration now picking a fight with Republicans over Alaska drilling Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Chris Christie tackles his problem with conservative voters Noah Rothman 12 hours ago