Actually Alex they were running out of steam 10 years before Reagan came along. They would have collapsed a lot sooner hadn't it been for their shear brutality. They were spending more than 30% of their GDP on weapons and military buildup while the population was starving trying to keep up with the US.
- NFL Thanksgiving Day open thread Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Happy Thanksgiving to our readers Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- DoD renames “unlawful combatants” in detainee manual to … Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Ohio Dem seeks to legislate triple pay for retail workers on holidays Jazz Shaw 21 hours ago
- Should Boehner protest Obama’s amnesty order by refusing to invite him to deliver the State of the Union? Allahpundit 22 hours ago