There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
There was talk about the rioting that would occur if Obama were not re-elected, and I think it likely that a lot of bad blood would have been generated by "community organizing" for the next four years if Romney had won. But our side did not threaten to riot, and that indicates a better philosophy. But we need to fight smart in order to make this country the best it can be.
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 19 minutes ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago