Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
Walter, what is "Corporate Welfare?" Tax breaks? Another expense of doing business that doesn't have to be passed on to the customer. Preferences such as the railroads received in the 19th Century that had the affect of opening the West more quickly? Please explain.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 33 minutes ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago