The second ad said: “Let’s move cheese out of school lunch.” I mean, I guess. Cheese, while a good source of calcium (and delicious), is not necessarily the healthiest thing in the world....
Government subsidies, ill-conceived regulations and bogus “studies” all have a negative impact on our food supply, medicines and government sponsored “recommendations” for our health and well-being, not to mention our very freedom. One important element that is not often acknowledged is: We are all DIFFERENT! In the leftist push towards utopian “equality”, the mindsets of even the scientific and medical communities are often clouded when it comes to this fact. Because living beings vary dramatically in their electro-chemical make up from individual to individual, there is NO one-size-fits-all when it comes to medicine, nutrition or even life-style required for a healthy body. Witness the ever-shifting “food pyramid”, or the...
Last week, as I entered Union Station Metro station in Washington, I saw ads for what appeared to be First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign. It was a series of three ads, the first said: “Let’s move hot dogs out of school lunch.” Okay, fine, because, let’s face it, while hot dogs may be scrumptious and all-beef, they look like small batons of questionable meat.
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago