The second ad said: “Let’s move cheese out of school lunch.” I mean, I guess. Cheese, while a good source of calcium (and delicious), is not necessarily the healthiest thing in the world....
Government subsidies, ill-conceived regulations and bogus “studies” all have a negative impact on our food supply, medicines and government sponsored “recommendations” for our health and well-being, not to mention our very freedom. One important element that is not often acknowledged is: We are all DIFFERENT! In the leftist push towards utopian “equality”, the mindsets of even the scientific and medical communities are often clouded when it comes to this fact. Because living beings vary dramatically in their electro-chemical make up from individual to individual, there is NO one-size-fits-all when it comes to medicine, nutrition or even life-style required for a healthy body. Witness the ever-shifting “food pyramid”, or the...
Last week, as I entered Union Station Metro station in Washington, I saw ads for what appeared to be First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign. It was a series of three ads, the first said: “Let’s move hot dogs out of school lunch.” Okay, fine, because, let’s face it, while hot dogs may be scrumptious and all-beef, they look like small batons of questionable meat.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 15 hours ago