Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
Born and rasied in SoCal and left in March 2011, and have never been happier. I also golfed those same courses including Strawberry and have found my new home, North Carolina to have excellent courses at half the price. For a short drive I can also go to South Carolina or Virginia and do the same. Like Ca I can be at the beach or the mountains, eat great food in places like Asheville, Charlotte, Winston Salem, etc and well everyone is friendly. I mean everyone. I wish I had made the move sooner.
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 23 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014