It occurred during the first term of perhaps the most staunchly anti-Communist president America has ever had, Ronald Reagan, an advocate of robust military power. And how did Reagan respond? He called it a "crime against humanity," and then, um, postponed...
Does Chapman shop at the same straw man store as President Obama? Any why does TH continue to run this guy's vacuous dribble? He's the Trib's token (faux) conservative.
On Aug. 31, 1983, a South Korean airliner flying from New York to Seoul drifted off course and entered Soviet airspace. After tracking the civilian plane for more than two hours, Soviet fighter pilots were told to shoot it down. They did, killing 269 people, including 60 Americans. It was one of the most shocking atrocities of the Cold War.
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago