It occurred during the first term of perhaps the most staunchly anti-Communist president America has ever had, Ronald Reagan, an advocate of robust military power. And how did Reagan respond? He called it a "crime against humanity," and then, um, postponed...
Does Chapman shop at the same straw man store as President Obama? Any why does TH continue to run this guy's vacuous dribble? He's the Trib's token (faux) conservative.
On Aug. 31, 1983, a South Korean airliner flying from New York to Seoul drifted off course and entered Soviet airspace. After tracking the civilian plane for more than two hours, Soviet fighter pilots were told to shoot it down. They did, killing 269 people, including 60 Americans. It was one of the most shocking atrocities of the Cold War.
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit Apr 20, 2014