It occurred during the first term of perhaps the most staunchly anti-Communist president America has ever had, Ronald Reagan, an advocate of robust military power. And how did Reagan respond? He called it a "crime against humanity," and then, um, postponed...
Does Chapman shop at the same straw man store as President Obama? Any why does TH continue to run this guy's vacuous dribble? He's the Trib's token (faux) conservative.
On Aug. 31, 1983, a South Korean airliner flying from New York to Seoul drifted off course and entered Soviet airspace. After tracking the civilian plane for more than two hours, Soviet fighter pilots were told to shoot it down. They did, killing 269 people, including 60 Americans. It was one of the most shocking atrocities of the Cold War.
- Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America? Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Video: Cop tases 62-year-old woman — while she’s walking away from him Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago