It occurred during the first term of perhaps the most staunchly anti-Communist president America has ever had, Ronald Reagan, an advocate of robust military power. And how did Reagan respond? He called it a "crime against humanity," and then, um, postponed...
Does Chapman shop at the same straw man store as President Obama? Any why does TH continue to run this guy's vacuous dribble? He's the Trib's token (faux) conservative.
On Aug. 31, 1983, a South Korean airliner flying from New York to Seoul drifted off course and entered Soviet airspace. After tracking the civilian plane for more than two hours, Soviet fighter pilots were told to shoot it down. They did, killing 269 people, including 60 Americans. It was one of the most shocking atrocities of the Cold War.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago