I have also maintained that his willingness to abandon, or not to accept, first principles has made these questions reasonable: If Romney is elected president, which Romney will show up for...
Lib at Heart - should your idea of fair be applied to, say, food and clothing and vehicles, too. Oprah should pay $20 million for a Toyota Corolla, because she can afford to? I happen to think Idahoser has it right. The only justification for the rich paying more taxes is in terms of "insurance" - he who has more stuff must pay more for insurance. And the military is the insurance. And that won't require 35% of the rich peoples' taxes.
As readers of this column and viewers of Fox News Channel may know, I have not hesitated to criticize Gov. Mitt Romney's presidential campaign and the governor himself. I have argued that his message is muddled and his values are unknown beyond his ardent wish to improve economic conditions through the use of free market mechanisms rather than central economic planning, a position with which I agree entirely.
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago