We do not have a revenue problem. When this country's economy is at normal growth and production rates the fed gov pulls in nearly 2 trillion. We have a spending problem and a large portion of the population that has grown accustomed to getting hand outs instead of forging their own life. The amount the fed gov, and state and local gov as well, spend on trivial, outlandish, and way over paid workers and programs that either don't work or consistantly operate in the red is what has brought us to where we are. Cutting spending is the only way to reduce our debt.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 5 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago