It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
I know this. Obama is a friend of the poor. He believes in social justice. He isnt just mouthing the words and nodding at the sentiments. He REALLY is as disgusted as I am at the wealth gap.
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 28 minutes ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago