Apparently an invitation to the White House is only offered to those who aren’t too “political” or in other words, have fought against socialism (oh, semantics…). Seeing that Lech Walesa successfully led Poland’s revolt against Soviet communism, I guess that puts him on the blacklist.
All this, of course, comes off the heels of the president’s “Polish death camp” gaffe, which caused a firestorm of outrage in Poland and was met by a less than sincere response from the administration.
Via Rory Cooper on NRO:
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago