Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
"It guarantees the right for civilians to bear arms, yes, but for a "well-regulated militia." That means police and military." Are you really that stupid MrL53 or is it an act? If you are in the military or police you are not then a civilian, so you contradict yourself. And when the Constitution says "the people" that is exactly what it means. In truth you could use the 2nd amendment to argue the case that the state has the right to issue a weapon to every mentally able adult, in case it's needed in times of war and/or civil unrest. You can never use the wording within it to take the right of the people to keep and bear arms out of it. Try harder next time, you're embarrassing yourself.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago