Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
"It guarantees the right for civilians to bear arms, yes, but for a "well-regulated militia." That means police and military." Are you really that stupid MrL53 or is it an act? If you are in the military or police you are not then a civilian, so you contradict yourself. And when the Constitution says "the people" that is exactly what it means. In truth you could use the 2nd amendment to argue the case that the state has the right to issue a weapon to every mentally able adult, in case it's needed in times of war and/or civil unrest. You can never use the wording within it to take the right of the people to keep and bear arms out of it. Try harder next time, you're embarrassing yourself.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 6 hours ago