A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
- Good news: Amnesty quarterback Chuck Schumer gives Lindsey Graham, Jeff Flake a “pass” to oppose benefits for illegals Allahpundit 5 minutes ago
- Progress? Journalists notice “shifting” White House account of IRS scandal Ed Morrissey 45 minutes ago
- Yet another union boss takes umbrage with ObamaCare Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Hume, Robinson, Powers agree: DoJ investigation of Rosen crosses a big line Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Ft. Hood shooter still drawing salary – $278,000 and counting Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Chinese breach of Google in 2010 exposed counter-espionage data Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago