Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
Have no doubt about it...Rice will get the job, BO owns the Senate.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago