I hadn’t been to a Republican convention since the Reagan days in 1984. Back then the whole experience seemed somehow smaller and more intimate. Not that thousands of people crowding into an arena can be intimate, but you know what I mean. I had been invited to be a guest in ‘84 because at the time I was appearing on the show “Dallas” and the PR folks thought it might make the Republicans seem a little more “hip” if a few Hollywood types showed up. Of course I was awed by the spectacle and thrilled to be a part...
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 4 minutes ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago