I hadn’t been to a Republican convention since the Reagan days in 1984. Back then the whole experience seemed somehow smaller and more intimate. Not that thousands of people crowding into an arena can be intimate, but you know what I mean. I had been invited to be a guest in ‘84 because at the time I was appearing on the show “Dallas” and the PR folks thought it might make the Republicans seem a little more “hip” if a few Hollywood types showed up. Of course I was awed by the spectacle and thrilled to be a part...
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 27 minutes ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 3 hours ago