I hadn’t been to a Republican convention since the Reagan days in 1984. Back then the whole experience seemed somehow smaller and more intimate. Not that thousands of people crowding into an arena can be intimate, but you know what I mean. I had been invited to be a guest in ‘84 because at the time I was appearing on the show “Dallas” and the PR folks thought it might make the Republicans seem a little more “hip” if a few Hollywood types showed up. Of course I was awed by the spectacle and thrilled to be a part...
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 23 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago