No tax system is good for growth, of course, but the negative impact of taxation can be reduced by lowering marginal tax rate(s), eliminating double taxation of saving and investment, and getting rid of loopholes that encourage people to make decisions for tax reasons even if they don’t make economic...
In response to:
I believe there were charities long before the 16th Amendment and the multitude of 'special interest' considerations of exemptions, deductions, 'allowances', credits and other forms of what appears to be bribery included in the tax code. However, once 'the People' give politicians the power to levy taxes and spend the money, it matters not what the tax code really is because if there is a penny left in the hands of the 'ordinary citizenry', then those politicians (or those with 'government power') will covet that penny until they can find a way to take it. It is almost to the point that there is very little difference between the tactics of politicians and organized crime and many think that government tactics are even more brutal.
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 53 minutes ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 16 hours ago