It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Can there be a more compelling argument for home schooling? At least, a parent would have the right to use whatever force is required to defend the children! Sad.... public education is the last "glue" remaining... the shared experience... which holds our people together. Churches have lost influence. There is no draft. We don't even have to show up to vote on election day. Public school was where we came together, learned history, government, patriotism, prayed openly, and "assimilated" as Americans. Not only have public schools failed in their fundamental mission... for various reasons... but, they are NOT secure. They are the most vulnerable, gun-free zones, imaginable. Home schooling is an attractive option.
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago