It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Can there be a more compelling argument for home schooling? At least, a parent would have the right to use whatever force is required to defend the children! Sad.... public education is the last "glue" remaining... the shared experience... which holds our people together. Churches have lost influence. There is no draft. We don't even have to show up to vote on election day. Public school was where we came together, learned history, government, patriotism, prayed openly, and "assimilated" as Americans. Not only have public schools failed in their fundamental mission... for various reasons... but, they are NOT secure. They are the most vulnerable, gun-free zones, imaginable. Home schooling is an attractive option.
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 20 minutes ago
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago