It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Can there be a more compelling argument for home schooling? At least, a parent would have the right to use whatever force is required to defend the children! Sad.... public education is the last "glue" remaining... the shared experience... which holds our people together. Churches have lost influence. There is no draft. We don't even have to show up to vote on election day. Public school was where we came together, learned history, government, patriotism, prayed openly, and "assimilated" as Americans. Not only have public schools failed in their fundamental mission... for various reasons... but, they are NOT secure. They are the most vulnerable, gun-free zones, imaginable. Home schooling is an attractive option.
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 58 mins ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired president to address something he saw on the news today about Ukraine at 4 p.m. ET; Update: “Ongoing incursion”; Update: No strategy yet on ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago