It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Can there be a more compelling argument for home schooling? At least, a parent would have the right to use whatever force is required to defend the children! Sad.... public education is the last "glue" remaining... the shared experience... which holds our people together. Churches have lost influence. There is no draft. We don't even have to show up to vote on election day. Public school was where we came together, learned history, government, patriotism, prayed openly, and "assimilated" as Americans. Not only have public schools failed in their fundamental mission... for various reasons... but, they are NOT secure. They are the most vulnerable, gun-free zones, imaginable. Home schooling is an attractive option.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 19 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 21 hours ago