It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Can there be a more compelling argument for home schooling? At least, a parent would have the right to use whatever force is required to defend the children! Sad.... public education is the last "glue" remaining... the shared experience... which holds our people together. Churches have lost influence. There is no draft. We don't even have to show up to vote on election day. Public school was where we came together, learned history, government, patriotism, prayed openly, and "assimilated" as Americans. Not only have public schools failed in their fundamental mission... for various reasons... but, they are NOT secure. They are the most vulnerable, gun-free zones, imaginable. Home schooling is an attractive option.
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 40 mins ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago