It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Seems the conversation is largely gun control, video games, and culture rot. The real issue, as articulated in the last part of this article is the laws concerning institutionalizing unstable, mentally ill, persons. That is what needs to be addressed immediately. If you or I knew of a person who displayed signs of severe mental instability, and reported it to authorities. They can only be held for 3 days for evaluation, then returned to their homes or the streets. Their meds might be administered and condition stabilized, but that often ends the moment they are out the door. ACLU or no ACLU, this has to change!
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 41 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 13 hours ago