Yet, in utter disregard of such plain facts, so-called "social scientists" do studies which conclude that America is no longer a land of opportunity, and that upward mobility is a "myth." Even when these studies have lots of numbers in tables and equations that mimic the appearance of...
Numbers... statistics are wildly manipulated. An extreme example is Maxine Waters's pronouncement that 170 million people would lose their jobs because of the sequester. Similarly, the President omitted, misrepresented, and deliberately miscalculated the numbers, in order to claim Obamacare would reduce the cost of medical care. A permanent population of "Helpless poor people" is useful only for political exploitation. If this Administration gave a tinker's darn about "the poor", it would do everything possible to encourage growth and prosperity. Keystone would be built and pumping... federal lands would be opened to energy exploration and production! Business would not be smothered with a blizzard of regulations. Very sad
Most people are not even surprised any more when they hear about someone who came here from Korea or Vietnam with very little money, and very little knowledge of English, who nevertheless persevered and rose in American society. Nor are we surprised when their children excel in school and go on to professional careers.
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 15 minutes ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago