Their own plan doesn't even come close to balancing, of course, and they're not interested in other ideas to get there. The first Republican amendment they torpedoed yesterday called for increasing federal spending at a clip of "only" 3.4 percent per year over the next decade, rather than the major acceleration that Democrats have advanced. The second proposed making it more procedurally difficult to pass a budget that does not balance with ten years. Watch as each Democrat-aligned committee member votes in lockstep against these provisions. Make no mistake, they are explicitly rejecting a balanced federal budget (the...
In response to:
Thank you, Paul Krugman (the dumbest economist who ever walked the face of the Earth).
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago