A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
How can we go back to a budget???? We haven't had a damn budget in 4 years, thanks to ol'Harry. I really don't understand how we can be spending so much money when we don't even have a budget upon which to base appropriations. I always thought that only the House could propose spending. How does a Government Official know how much his/her department is allowed to spend, or do they just spend whatever the hell they wish? And, why don't one of you super-educated leftists tell us all just what a "continuing resolution" is and just how are the huge year-to-year spending increases developed. C'mon people, there is something seriously wrong. I agree, go back to the 2008 level of expenditures, something like 22% of GDP, not 28%.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago