A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
How can we go back to a budget???? We haven't had a damn budget in 4 years, thanks to ol'Harry. I really don't understand how we can be spending so much money when we don't even have a budget upon which to base appropriations. I always thought that only the House could propose spending. How does a Government Official know how much his/her department is allowed to spend, or do they just spend whatever the hell they wish? And, why don't one of you super-educated leftists tell us all just what a "continuing resolution" is and just how are the huge year-to-year spending increases developed. C'mon people, there is something seriously wrong. I agree, go back to the 2008 level of expenditures, something like 22% of GDP, not 28%.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 9 hours ago