A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
How can we go back to a budget???? We haven't had a damn budget in 4 years, thanks to ol'Harry. I really don't understand how we can be spending so much money when we don't even have a budget upon which to base appropriations. I always thought that only the House could propose spending. How does a Government Official know how much his/her department is allowed to spend, or do they just spend whatever the hell they wish? And, why don't one of you super-educated leftists tell us all just what a "continuing resolution" is and just how are the huge year-to-year spending increases developed. C'mon people, there is something seriously wrong. I agree, go back to the 2008 level of expenditures, something like 22% of GDP, not 28%.
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 48 mins ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 4 hours ago