A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
How can we go back to a budget???? We haven't had a damn budget in 4 years, thanks to ol'Harry. I really don't understand how we can be spending so much money when we don't even have a budget upon which to base appropriations. I always thought that only the House could propose spending. How does a Government Official know how much his/her department is allowed to spend, or do they just spend whatever the hell they wish? And, why don't one of you super-educated leftists tell us all just what a "continuing resolution" is and just how are the huge year-to-year spending increases developed. C'mon people, there is something seriously wrong. I agree, go back to the 2008 level of expenditures, something like 22% of GDP, not 28%.
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 35 minutes ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago