This is not about the American Dream or a Horatio Alger story. (Does anybody remember him?) Nor is it mythmaking. It's made of sterner stuff than that....
-- Lincoln was a learned man, but he was earthy, too. He drew on deep learning and applied it widely. He talks in parables and finds a story to illustrate just about every situation and strategy. -- Further evidence that hawkish Neo-cons like Mrs. Fields and others idolize Lincoln to the point of worship. "He talks in parables"? Is he being elevated to the same status as Jesus, all of a sudden? Once again, the Neo-cons show just how close they are to their Progressive brethren, who also idolize Lincoln's love for power and big government. Arguably, Abe was the first in an ignoble series of Fascist presidents that stomped on the Constitution and our rights, for instance: Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Johnson, Nixon, etc.
Every schoolchild with enough smarts and curiosity to get beyond the latest video game of "Call of Duty" ought to go see "Lincoln," the movie, and check out the references and his own attention span. It requires patience, but it shows through dramatic action how a self-taught rustic from the deep backwoods had the emotional and intellectual discipline to overcome poverty and grow up to be a president to rank among the greatest.
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 18 mins ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 58 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago