As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event was orchestrated and planned to receive maximum public attention, even if the event itself was really unimportant. Pseudo-events merely look important, because the media and the public agree to act as if they are. As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event is not something that happens by...
This is pure baloney> This guys points out the games that the nitwits in DC are playing as if we didn't know it. How many of us wanted this stupid healthcare bill? How much money that these fools took from us for SS and Medicare would have earned if placed in seperate individual accounts over the years. with no cost of administration? Why has the elections turned into pools of graft, vote buying and out and out fraud which has already been seen as a waste of time to vote. This is typically more nonsense from the beltway. We need a new honest honorble party to take back this country. OUT with the current TRYANTS including Boehner.
Watching the American scene in the 1960s, historian Daniel Boorstin, invented the idea of the “pseudo-event.” The rise of television and modern mass media had produced a transformation of the news business, so that what now mattered was not if an event was important, but only if it was “newsworthy.”
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 4 hours ago