As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event was orchestrated and planned to receive maximum public attention, even if the event itself was really unimportant. Pseudo-events merely look important, because the media and the public agree to act as if they are. As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event is not something that happens by...
This is pure baloney> This guys points out the games that the nitwits in DC are playing as if we didn't know it. How many of us wanted this stupid healthcare bill? How much money that these fools took from us for SS and Medicare would have earned if placed in seperate individual accounts over the years. with no cost of administration? Why has the elections turned into pools of graft, vote buying and out and out fraud which has already been seen as a waste of time to vote. This is typically more nonsense from the beltway. We need a new honest honorble party to take back this country. OUT with the current TRYANTS including Boehner.
Watching the American scene in the 1960s, historian Daniel Boorstin, invented the idea of the “pseudo-event.” The rise of television and modern mass media had produced a transformation of the news business, so that what now mattered was not if an event was important, but only if it was “newsworthy.”
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 12 hours ago