Putting Republicans in charge is never a guarantee of good public policy. It was during the Bush years, for instance, that the nation was saddled with a prescription drug entitlement. The GOPers in the White House and on Capitol Hill also recklessly increased the burden of government spending. And they expanded the “affordable lending requirements” on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, thus helping to create the housing crisis.
More recently, a majority of Republicans in the House and Senate voted to expand corporate welfare by increasing the authority of the
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago