Putting Republicans in charge is never a guarantee of good public policy. It was during the Bush years, for instance, that the nation was saddled with a prescription drug entitlement. The GOPers in the White House and on Capitol Hill also recklessly increased the burden of government spending. And they expanded the “affordable lending requirements” on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, thus helping to create the housing crisis.
More recently, a majority of Republicans in the House and Senate voted to expand corporate welfare by increasing the authority of the
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 11 hours ago