Putting Republicans in charge is never a guarantee of good public policy. It was during the Bush years, for instance, that the nation was saddled with a prescription drug entitlement. The GOPers in the White House and on Capitol Hill also recklessly increased the burden of government spending. And they expanded the “affordable lending requirements” on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, thus helping to create the housing crisis.
More recently, a majority of Republicans in the House and Senate voted to expand corporate welfare by increasing the authority of the
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago