Putting Republicans in charge is never a guarantee of good public policy. It was during the Bush years, for instance, that the nation was saddled with a prescription drug entitlement. The GOPers in the White House and on Capitol Hill also recklessly increased the burden of government spending. And they expanded the “affordable lending requirements” on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, thus helping to create the housing crisis.
More recently, a majority of Republicans in the House and Senate voted to expand corporate welfare by increasing the authority of the
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 29 mins ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago