Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
The year before the Demonbrats regained control of Congress in Jan 2007, the Federal Deficit was $162 Billion. Remember the President can't spend anything that Congress doesn't authorize (as you've been telling us the past few months). What happened between 2007 and 2009? And don't tell me Congress was not involved in any way.
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead; Update: Motive? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago