Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
The year before the Demonbrats regained control of Congress in Jan 2007, the Federal Deficit was $162 Billion. Remember the President can't spend anything that Congress doesn't authorize (as you've been telling us the past few months). What happened between 2007 and 2009? And don't tell me Congress was not involved in any way.
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 37 mins ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 3 hours ago