Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
The year before the Demonbrats regained control of Congress in Jan 2007, the Federal Deficit was $162 Billion. Remember the President can't spend anything that Congress doesn't authorize (as you've been telling us the past few months). What happened between 2007 and 2009? And don't tell me Congress was not involved in any way.
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago