For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
Wasn't that (2009) after the Ds had control of the purse strings (Congress) for two years?
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 29 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 13 hours ago