For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
Wasn't that (2009) after the Ds had control of the purse strings (Congress) for two years?
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago