For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
Wasn't that (2009) after the Ds had control of the purse strings (Congress) for two years?
- Rand Pall calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 3 hours ago