For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
Wasn't that (2009) after the Ds had control of the purse strings (Congress) for two years?
- Surprise: Hoboken Mayor produces additional “journal entries” in Christie saga Guy Benson 42 minutes ago
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago