Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Let's see how "sincere" the Dems are (haha). Take tax rates back to 2000 levels, including FICA, cut all budgets (except SS and Medicare) to 2007 levels. And when the Ds reject that (which is 99% sure), tell them (with a press conference, the ball is in their court. Their current plan of $80-100B yearly tax increase and future (haha) $1B spending cuts doesn't make the grade. Tie any debt ceiling increase talks to the above.
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama overrules Senate, declares CIA’s Bush-era tactics ‘torture’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Another liberal attempt to force you to share in their humorless misery fails Noah Rothman 3 hours ago