Since the economy is roaring along (as witnessed by the election results), it may be time to let the top income tax rate revert to Clinton era rates. At the same time, the FICA tax cut of a couple of years ago should die out and rates revert to provide some necessary income to the SS "Trust Fund." However, I would also tie the tax bill to spending cuts in a manner such as if true cuts are not made in a given period of time, all Bush era tax cuts end and revert to Clinton era rates (after all, the government needs the revenue and the economy in humming along at such a robust pace).
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago