Three quotes to whet your appetite, followed by the punch line from the president. House Republicans' latest "fiscal cliff" resolution package -- originally proposed by Democrat Erskine Bowles -- includes $800 Billion in new federal revenues, while lowering tax rates across the board. Democrats instantly rejected the idea, making a heavy play about "the math" not adding up. They've repeatedly contended that Republicans' plan to expand the tax base by closing loopholes, eliminating or capping deductions, and limiting credits cannot hit their projected revenue target. (1) White House Spokesman Jay Carney: "
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Yay! Tax dollars for “prison poetry” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- About those “doctored” Benghazi e-mails… Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- White House word of the day – Irrelevant Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Could we have any Gosnells in Minnesota? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Video “I don’t know that hiding something from Congress is illegal” Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago