Senator Ted Cruz is doing exactly what we Texan's sent him to the Senate to do. The rest of the Republicans need to take note and instead of criticizing him, emulate him. That includes John Cornyn. On a related subject: the House is voting today to withhold Obamacare funding while approving funding of everything else in the Continuing Resolution. So last evening, just as I was sitting down to dinner, the phone rang. It was my "representative" Kay Granger's recorded voice inviting me to stay on the line for a telephone town hall. The subject? Syria. Syria? Syria? Are you kidding me? The evening before an important budget vote? Talk about being out of touch with the electorate! I hung up. You don't interrupt my dinner for such nonsense. One more reason among many to look for a new candidate in 2014.
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago