To kick off the yearlong protest festivities, the Wisconsin Education Association Council led a massive "sickout" of educators and other government school personnel. The coordinated truancy action -- tantamount to an illegal strike -- cost taxpayers an estimated $6 million. Left-wing doctors assisted the campaign by supplying fake medical excuse notes to teachers who ditched...
In response to:
The obvious correct response for the WI legislature and Walker should be to 1) immediately institute a voucher system worth 75% of what a public school costs per student, 2) a tax rebate to any private, parochial, or public school that accepts voucher students and raises the aggregate test scores of those students (paid for with 15% of the public school cost savings), and 3) applies the remaining 10% of public school cost savings to reducing property taxes.
They really outdid themselves. In Wisconsin and across the nation, public school employee unions spared no kiddie human shields in their battle against GOP Gov. Scott Walker's budget and pension reforms. Students were the first and last casualties of the ruthless Big Labor war against fiscal discipline.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 27 mins ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago