To kick off the yearlong protest festivities, the Wisconsin Education Association Council led a massive "sickout" of educators and other government school personnel. The coordinated truancy action -- tantamount to an illegal strike -- cost taxpayers an estimated $6 million. Left-wing doctors assisted the campaign by supplying fake medical excuse notes to teachers who ditched...
In response to:
The obvious correct response for the WI legislature and Walker should be to 1) immediately institute a voucher system worth 75% of what a public school costs per student, 2) a tax rebate to any private, parochial, or public school that accepts voucher students and raises the aggregate test scores of those students (paid for with 15% of the public school cost savings), and 3) applies the remaining 10% of public school cost savings to reducing property taxes.
They really outdid themselves. In Wisconsin and across the nation, public school employee unions spared no kiddie human shields in their battle against GOP Gov. Scott Walker's budget and pension reforms. Students were the first and last casualties of the ruthless Big Labor war against fiscal discipline.
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 26 minutes ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to deliver statement at 6:45 ET feigning interest in border crisis Allahpundit 3 hours ago