Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
Agreed, Warren. I'd happily go my own way if the government would simply give me my money back (and the money that my employer was forced to pay instead of paying me), but NOOOO, they've already spent that money. It's all a legalized Ponzi scheme to buy votes.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 28 minutes ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 3 hours ago