Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
Agreed, Warren. I'd happily go my own way if the government would simply give me my money back (and the money that my employer was forced to pay instead of paying me), but NOOOO, they've already spent that money. It's all a legalized Ponzi scheme to buy votes.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago