Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
Ah, but all bets are off when you can collectively legislate to steal money from the 49% to buy votes from the 51%.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 21 hours ago