"you WILL have to vote for a Chris Christie or a Mitt Romney" No, many of us will simply sit home or vote for a third party just as we did the last time. If the GOP wants to win an election, they'll have to run a candidate to draws votes from the conservative base.
Many of us ARE united, Derek. We're united behind Ted Cruz, Justin Amash, Allen West, and Rand Paul. We're united against Big Government, big spending, crony capitalism, universal amnesty, and socialism. We're united in favor of free markets, strong defense, maximizing personal freedom, and individual responsibility. Unfortunately the GOP leadership (Boehner, Cantor, McCarthy, McConnell, Cornyn, McCain, Rove) call us "Wacko Birds" and belittle the Republican base as not understanding the complexity of the issues (read payouts and campaign donations from special interests). We ARE united. We're united against the Progressives in both parties.

Longing to be a Victim

OldEnoughToKnowBetter Wrote: Oct 16, 2013 8:05 AM
I'm a victim of satire. You're making fun of me because I'm a victim, therefore I fall into a second group of victims who are victims of victimhood. Whatever! Just send me my check!
If we want to win, we've got to move away from taking polarizing positions on social issues (abortion and same-sex marriage) that are driving away libertarian-minded voters who are opposed to big government, opposed to Obamacare, opposed to government spending, opposed to government interference in people's lives. But they see Republican social stands as just more interference in peoples' private lives.

Immoral Beyond Redemption

OldEnoughToKnowBetter Wrote: Jun 06, 2012 11:50 AM
Agreed, Warren. I'd happily go my own way if the government would simply give me my money back (and the money that my employer was forced to pay instead of paying me), but NOOOO, they've already spent that money. It's all a legalized Ponzi scheme to buy votes.

Immoral Beyond Redemption

OldEnoughToKnowBetter Wrote: Jun 06, 2012 10:14 AM
I would contend that a more universally humane solution would be to let the woman on the grate starve or freeze to death. Perhaps not for the women in the microcosm, but globally survival of the fittest improves the lives of the species by filtering out the non-producers/non-contributors. Tribal cultures often allowed the old and infirm to go off on their own to die rather than burden the tribe with their care. Much of our healthcare problem is that we insist of prolonging the lives of people who have ceased contributing to society, simply because the care of them produces profits for the medical care providers. Better that money be spent on medical research to prevent disease rather than keeping alive those who are going anyway.

Immoral Beyond Redemption

OldEnoughToKnowBetter Wrote: Jun 06, 2012 9:59 AM
I'd happily give up my Social Security and Medicare if you would simply give me back the money I paid into it over my 50 years working, plus interest. Unfortunately our government already spent that money.

Immoral Beyond Redemption

OldEnoughToKnowBetter Wrote: Jun 06, 2012 9:53 AM
Ah, but all bets are off when you can collectively legislate to steal money from the 49% to buy votes from the 51%.
The obvious correct response for the WI legislature and Walker should be to 1) immediately institute a voucher system worth 75% of what a public school costs per student, 2) a tax rebate to any private, parochial, or public school that accepts voucher students and raises the aggregate test scores of those students (paid for with 15% of the public school cost savings), and 3) applies the remaining 10% of public school cost savings to reducing property taxes.

Should We Obey All Laws?