An incredulous George Stephanopoulos of ABC subjected Rodman to a grilling more suitable for a corrupt, double-dealing politician: "When you said you love Kim (Jong Un) and think he's awesome, were you aware of his threats to destroy the United States and his regime's horrendous record on human rights? ... Do you think you have a responsibility to ask him about it so that you don't be perceived as sort of propping...
In response to:
I once ran into 2 Venezuelan neurologists. These men had come here to retake their neurology residencies, because they could not, in conscience, continue to work in Venezuela. Venezuela used to be the jewel of South American medicine, with standards almost as high as our own. But when Chavez came in, he allowed (forced) Cuban trained doctors into the system. These two men could not bear to have these hacks covering their patients, taking call etc. So they opted to retake their residencies (since we don't accept foreign residency training here), rather than crawl into bed with Chavez and his hack doctors.
Former NBA star Dennis Rodman traveled to communist North Korea, a trip financed by a documentary filmmaker. Rodman appeared neither officially nor unofficially as part of the U.S. government.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago