An incredulous George Stephanopoulos of ABC subjected Rodman to a grilling more suitable for a corrupt, double-dealing politician: "When you said you love Kim (Jong Un) and think he's awesome, were you aware of his threats to destroy the United States and his regime's horrendous record on human rights? ... Do you think you have a responsibility to ask him about it so that you don't be perceived as sort of propping...
In response to:
I once ran into 2 Venezuelan neurologists. These men had come here to retake their neurology residencies, because they could not, in conscience, continue to work in Venezuela. Venezuela used to be the jewel of South American medicine, with standards almost as high as our own. But when Chavez came in, he allowed (forced) Cuban trained doctors into the system. These two men could not bear to have these hacks covering their patients, taking call etc. So they opted to retake their residencies (since we don't accept foreign residency training here), rather than crawl into bed with Chavez and his hack doctors.
Former NBA star Dennis Rodman traveled to communist North Korea, a trip financed by a documentary filmmaker. Rodman appeared neither officially nor unofficially as part of the U.S. government.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 13 hours ago