Sequestration would force the government to reduce discretionary spending by about $1.2 trillion over the next decade. Roughly half of that, or $600 billion, would come from defense -- a...
You want to save $9 billion by ending the commissary system? Is that a day or a year? The US Government spends $10,460,188,800 per day! http://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/us_deficit/us_deficit.html
Republicans, and many Democrats, are upset by the prospect of so-called sequestration cuts to the nation's defense budget. Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is so alarmed that the day before the Senate took up what became the "fiscal cliff" agreement, he called a key Republican lawmaker, Sen. Lindsey Graham, to express deep concern that the cuts might go into effect. As it turned out, Congress put them off for two months.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 11 hours ago