Sequestration would force the government to reduce discretionary spending by about $1.2 trillion over the next decade. Roughly half of that, or $600 billion, would come from defense -- a...
You want to save $9 billion by ending the commissary system? Is that a day or a year? The US Government spends $10,460,188,800 per day! http://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/us_deficit/us_deficit.html
Republicans, and many Democrats, are upset by the prospect of so-called sequestration cuts to the nation's defense budget. Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is so alarmed that the day before the Senate took up what became the "fiscal cliff" agreement, he called a key Republican lawmaker, Sen. Lindsey Graham, to express deep concern that the cuts might go into effect. As it turned out, Congress put them off for two months.
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago