Sequestration would force the government to reduce discretionary spending by about $1.2 trillion over the next decade. Roughly half of that, or $600 billion, would come from defense -- a...
You want to save $9 billion by ending the commissary system? Is that a day or a year? The US Government spends $10,460,188,800 per day! http://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/us_deficit/us_deficit.html
Republicans, and many Democrats, are upset by the prospect of so-called sequestration cuts to the nation's defense budget. Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is so alarmed that the day before the Senate took up what became the "fiscal cliff" agreement, he called a key Republican lawmaker, Sen. Lindsey Graham, to express deep concern that the cuts might go into effect. As it turned out, Congress put them off for two months.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago