Sequestration would force the government to reduce discretionary spending by about $1.2 trillion over the next decade. Roughly half of that, or $600 billion, would come from defense -- a...
You want to save $9 billion by ending the commissary system? Is that a day or a year? The US Government spends $10,460,188,800 per day! http://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/us_deficit/us_deficit.html
Republicans, and many Democrats, are upset by the prospect of so-called sequestration cuts to the nation's defense budget. Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is so alarmed that the day before the Senate took up what became the "fiscal cliff" agreement, he called a key Republican lawmaker, Sen. Lindsey Graham, to express deep concern that the cuts might go into effect. As it turned out, Congress put them off for two months.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago