Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 33 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago