Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 12 hours ago