Folks, I believe this will still work: Google the words "Still Out There" and you should find a short color film that introduces you to Torpedo Squadron 8. Each plane is shown with crew in front and names imposed on the screen. Then they are shown taking off, never to return to this world. Famed Director John Ford (Naval Captain, later Reserve Admiral, Purple Heart on Midway Island) mad e31 copies of this film. One for himself, one for George Gay and the other 29 for the next of kin of the deceased. Commander Waldron's daughter posted her copy on youtube and it should still be there. It is certainly worth the effort to see. And please give a nod of thanks to Richard Fernandez (AKA Wretchard T. Cat) who called it to the attention of his friends. Thanks, folks.
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 30 minutes ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago