I will assure all concerned that Murray Rothbard did N-O-T write the racist diatribes in Ron Paul's newsletters. Murray was a personal friend of mine and I knew his style too well not to recognize it. And I never knew him to ever justify a position on racial grounds. Additionally, Murray was the only old-rightist isolationist that I ever knew who could grasp proposals to extricate the USA from foreign entanglements. (That is why he was fond of my anarcho-imperialist doctrine.) The rest of them, Paul Senior especially, went into instant denial over anything that might actually work. The same type of myopia prevailed around the right of secession---a natural right of all human beings. An inability to articulate what secession really was led to recruitment of some undesirables. I had hopes that Paul Junior could break out of the impasse. I fear that he cannot.
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago