I will assure all concerned that Murray Rothbard did N-O-T write the racist diatribes in Ron Paul's newsletters. Murray was a personal friend of mine and I knew his style too well not to recognize it. And I never knew him to ever justify a position on racial grounds. Additionally, Murray was the only old-rightist isolationist that I ever knew who could grasp proposals to extricate the USA from foreign entanglements. (That is why he was fond of my anarcho-imperialist doctrine.) The rest of them, Paul Senior especially, went into instant denial over anything that might actually work. The same type of myopia prevailed around the right of secession---a natural right of all human beings. An inability to articulate what secession really was led to recruitment of some undesirables. I had hopes that Paul Junior could break out of the impasse. I fear that he cannot.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 6 hours ago