I will assure all concerned that Murray Rothbard did N-O-T write the racist diatribes in Ron Paul's newsletters. Murray was a personal friend of mine and I knew his style too well not to recognize it. And I never knew him to ever justify a position on racial grounds. Additionally, Murray was the only old-rightist isolationist that I ever knew who could grasp proposals to extricate the USA from foreign entanglements. (That is why he was fond of my anarcho-imperialist doctrine.) The rest of them, Paul Senior especially, went into instant denial over anything that might actually work. The same type of myopia prevailed around the right of secession---a natural right of all human beings. An inability to articulate what secession really was led to recruitment of some undesirables. I had hopes that Paul Junior could break out of the impasse. I fear that he cannot.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago