I will assure all concerned that Murray Rothbard did N-O-T write the racist diatribes in Ron Paul's newsletters. Murray was a personal friend of mine and I knew his style too well not to recognize it. And I never knew him to ever justify a position on racial grounds. Additionally, Murray was the only old-rightist isolationist that I ever knew who could grasp proposals to extricate the USA from foreign entanglements. (That is why he was fond of my anarcho-imperialist doctrine.) The rest of them, Paul Senior especially, went into instant denial over anything that might actually work. The same type of myopia prevailed around the right of secession---a natural right of all human beings. An inability to articulate what secession really was led to recruitment of some undesirables. I had hopes that Paul Junior could break out of the impasse. I fear that he cannot.
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago