IMHO what the south lacked was logistical staying power. Their last chance to gain and maintain what they needed vanished in the Battle of Glorieta Canyon in 1861. That would make it the most critical battle of the war. After that their only hope was a psychological knockout of northern power brokers causing them to throw in the towel-----but leaving the rest of the north believing they had been betrayed. I doubt there would be an America today had that happened. Which means that all those who played their assigned role(s) honorably did God's Work.. May they all Rest in Honored Glory.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago