Thomas, do not forget that there is a BIG cultural difference between Northern and Southern Mexico. The South was and rather remains the home of peonage. Debt-based slavery consisting of debt that could never be paid and was inherited. This led to a dependency class. The North was cattle country and the work force there were vaqueros, not peons. These were free men and did not become a dependent underclass. Tejanos are definitely nortenos. It is the welfare state that in recent decades imported drones instead of workers. We gotta play it from there.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 7 hours ago